What the Entire Pack is "Doing" Together...
Videos from the Pinewood Derby: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2eeJuZ9WzgxUjVFQjI5TVFPMUU
Pinewood Derby Results:
1. Cooper Caporicci
2. Edward Miller
3. Ethan Rose
1. Jake Swenson
2. Grayson Keller
3. Mason Destromp
1. Diego Cobos
2. Vincento Vendetti
3. Christopher Beale
1. Mason Putnam
2. Gabe Warner
3. Ben Murphy
Arrow of Light
1. Colin Lebel
2. Braedyn Schroth
3. Winter Hooks
District Pinewood Derby:
When: Saturday March 4th
Location: St Pius X Catholic School 7800 Halprin Dr. Norfolk, VA 23518 Bayside District
Rank Check-in/Inspection* Race Start Time**
AOL 8:20 – 8:50 a.m. 9:00 a.m.
Webelos 9:05 – 9:35 a.m. 9:45 a.m.
Bear 9:50 – 10:20 a.m. 10:30 a.m.
Wolf 10:35 – 11:05 a.m. 11:15 a.m.
Tiger 11:20 – 11:50 a.m. 12:00 Noon
Finals N/A 12:45 p.m.
Bayside District Official Pinewood Derby Rules
1. Width - 2 ¾ inches.
2. Length - 7 inches.
3. Gross weight - shall not exceed 5 ounces.
4. Width between wheels – 1 ¾ inches
5. Clearance between car bottom and track – no less than 3/8 inch.
6. Height - 3 inches maximum (finish line gate will obstruct a taller car).
7. Wheel base can be modified provided the front wheels do not extend past the front of the car itself.
1. Wheel bearings, washers, bushings and springs are prohibited. Single rod axels are prohibited.
2. Only official Cub Scout Grand Prix Pinewood Derby wheels and axles are permitted.
3. The car shall be freewheeling with no starting device(s).
4. Only dry type lubricant is permitted. (i.e. graphite).
5. Wheels and axles may not be altered. Wheels and axles may be polished to remove imperfections. No changes to the size or shape of the wheels and axles are permitted.
6. The entire car must line up behind the starting post.
7. Weights must be fastened securely and paint shall be dry.
1. A Scout must be present for his car to be raced. Exceptions may be granted by the Race Director on a case-by-case basis.
2. Cars shall be inspected and weighed by race officials to ensure that all cars fulfill the race requirements. Once a car passes inspection, it will be impounded until its racing has been completed.
3. Only Racers and Officials are permitted inside the impound or track areas.
4. Races will be run by Rank – Tiger, Wolf, Bear, Webelos and AOL. Trophies shall be awarded for the three fastest cars in each Rank Group. Trophy winners will also race against each other for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place District Overall trophies.
5. Protests and problems should be brought to the attention of the Race Director immediately. No protests will be allowed after the start of the next race.
6. The Race Director, at her/his sole discretion, may take any actions they deem necessary for fairness, safety and good sportsmanship. All decisions of the Race Director shall be final. The Council will not mediate protest.
We're accepting applications for 1st - 5th graders right now. Cost to join today is $52 for Sept - Dec ($8 BSA fees, $4 boys life, $40 dues). Make checks payable to "Pack 364".
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are looking for Leaders to sign up so we can recruit more boys. Pack 364 now has over 50 registered boys!
Already signed up...here's what you need to purchase.
Scout Store Shopping Guide:
Camp Sites: Sites are split up by Den. Den leaders will assign 2 families to a site.
Tiger Den (Ben) 5 families: 10,11,12
Tiger Den (Bill) 6 families: 13, 27, 23
Bear: with AOL den
Webelos (Mary) 6 families: 14, 22, 26
Arrow of Light (Sarah) 5 families + 2 w/o tents: 16, 18, 8
We have 22 families camping plus a lot that are coming for just Saturday.
Arrive/Setup (on designated den sites)
Afternoon family time
Evening Den time
09:00-11:00 Den Time
1:00PM Troop 364 Activities
-First Aid w/Stretcher
-Dutch Oven Demo (Perfecting the Cobbler)
-Family/Den Dinner (coordinate a pot luck dinner with your den)
-Den campfire time
08:30 Outdoor Service
Please DO NOT bring soda or sports drinks for your Scouts during this campout. Encourage drinking cold water in a reusable water bottle.
Serve healthy snacks (fresh fruit and vegetables).
Pack! I hope everyone is having a blast this summer. First and foremost, I would like to welcome our new Tiger Den! We officially have a den up and running and are in the middle of establishing a 2nd new Tiger Den. Be sure to stay in touch with your den leaders and keep your eyes open for our upcoming summertime activities. As we transition to the fall, reflect on what it is that you want your son to get out of Scouting and help us get better by offering your input and time in the form of stepping up and volunteering to take the lead on an event or fill a committee position. Everything that we do is a direct result of the efforts our of parents and leaders to benefit our boys. This isn't hard to do, but it is much easier when everyone is involved.
We're looking for help filling committee positions this fall. We have a lot of parents in the older dens that are going to be moving up to the troop in a few months. Typically these jobs take about 1-2 hours of time a month to do and might have 1-2 times a year where you are responsible for something that takes a little more effort. We have great Den Leaders doing the hard work, we just need 3-4 more parents to get involved with the committee and we'll be set.
What exactly am I talking about?
-Assistant Cubmaster (best job in the pack). Attend the committee meetings and help run the pack meetings. This person is a behind the scenes person normally; however, when the Cubmaster is not present they take over the pack meetings. No scouting experience is required...just need the ability to make a fool of yourself in front of 40 kids.
-Recruitment Chairperson. We need a parent to help keep track of recruit scouts and walk them through the application process. This is 99% over email/phone and usually only requires 1 brief meeting per new family. This person ensures that the Den the application is looking to join has room, or helps the pack establish a new den for the scout to join. Critical position, requires good communication and organizational skills. 99% email job.
-Secretary/Awards Chairperson. This position will be vacant this fall. Attend meetings, 1 hour of work per month the week of the pack meetings. You get to ensure that everyone that earns their bling gets recognized at the right time!
-Flag Ceremony Coordinator. Coordinate with the local civic leagues and dens to ensure that the pack has adequate time to schedule color guards. 100% email job. Takes at most 1 hour a month to accomplish.
Yours in Scouting,
We are selecting the campsites Friday morning and will send the sites selected for each den to the Den Leaders.
Where: First Landing State Park, 2500 Shore Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23451. A and B loops.
Drinks: Bring plenty of water. Please avoid bring sodas and or drinks that have a lot of sugar. The kids will get plenty of dessert this weekend.
Friday: Arrive TBD. Family Camping...no scheduled pack events.
0930-1100 Great Scout Race. Groups of 6-8 will go on a race to solve puzzles and navigate with a compass. CLASS "B"
1100-1230 Den/Family lunch
1230-5:30 Beach Fun
8:15 Family Camp Fire with skits, songs, etc.. CLASS "A"
Pack 364’s Annual Picnic/Field Day/Recruiting/Community service
When: Tuesday, June 14th
Where: Bayville Farms Park
Time: Promptly @ 5:30
Uniform: Class "B" T-Shirts
**For those boys that were unable to advance at Family Camp, please bring both your Class “A” and ”B” uniform.
PICNIC: We request that every family bring an item to share. Please use the following Sign up Genius link. www.SignUpGenius.com/go/5080A4CA9AB2AA64-june
Our Webleo's are participating in a service project this year at a camp. They will be collecting books to donate to the Horizons program. They help inner-city, under-privileged children who do not have books to read or call their own. Participating in this project will help our Webelo's and our Pack earn the Messengers of Peace award.
We are asking each cub scout to bring one (or more) gently used or new books for children Pre-K thru 7th grade.
DONT FORGET YOUR WATER BOTTLE!!!
The best recruitment efforts are accomplished by the boys. Please have them talk with a friend and invite them to join us for an activity. See the pack calendar for dates/times.
-Family Camp Day activities
We're also looking for a Parent to be the face of this summer's recruitment drive. Please contact Richlebel2006@gmail.com if you would like to help us out here.
Arrival, park entry, and parking is always a challenge. Each site is issued 2 parking passes which we will pass on to the den leaders the day of the event. Den leaders will keep track of the passes for their dens (so if you are arriving on Saturday, please make arrangements with your den leader to get your pass). Only 2 cars are permitted for each camp site. Please unload and move extra cars to the authorized overflow parking. The playground is not an authorized overflow and parking here will be at your own risk.
-Arrive/Setup (on designated den sites)
-Afternoon family time
-Evening Den time
-09:00 -11:00 Pack Morning Activity (proposed: scavenger hunt (webelos lead event)
-11:00 -12:30 Lunch
-1:00 - 3:00 Pack Afternoon Activity (proposed: beach clean up, beach run / fun)
-Family/Den Dinner (coordinate a pot luck dinner with your den)
10 Minutes after Sunset:
-Advancements and Awards
-Den Skits/Songs (come prepared)
-Sibling Skits (siblings are encouraged to come up with a skit). The sibling girls have stolen the show before with some very witty skits.
-Den campfire time
10:00 pm lights out