Videos from the Pinewood Derby: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2eeJuZ9WzgxUjVFQjI5TVFPMUU
Pinewood Derby Results:
1. Cooper Caporicci
2. Edward Miller
3. Ethan Rose
1. Jake Swenson
2. Grayson Keller
3. Mason Destromp
1. Diego Cobos
2. Vincento Vendetti
3. Christopher Beale
1. Mason Putnam
2. Gabe Warner
3. Ben Murphy
Arrow of Light
1. Colin Lebel
2. Braedyn Schroth
3. Winter Hooks
District Pinewood Derby:
When: Saturday March 4th
Location: St Pius X Catholic School 7800 Halprin Dr. Norfolk, VA 23518 Bayside District
Rank Check-in/Inspection* Race Start Time**
AOL 8:20 – 8:50 a.m. 9:00 a.m.
Webelos 9:05 – 9:35 a.m. 9:45 a.m.
Bear 9:50 – 10:20 a.m. 10:30 a.m.
Wolf 10:35 – 11:05 a.m. 11:15 a.m.
Tiger 11:20 – 11:50 a.m. 12:00 Noon
Finals N/A 12:45 p.m.
Bayside District Official Pinewood Derby Rules
1. Width - 2 ¾ inches.
2. Length - 7 inches.
3. Gross weight - shall not exceed 5 ounces.
4. Width between wheels – 1 ¾ inches
5. Clearance between car bottom and track – no less than 3/8 inch.
6. Height - 3 inches maximum (finish line gate will obstruct a taller car).
7. Wheel base can be modified provided the front wheels do not extend past the front of the car itself.
1. Wheel bearings, washers, bushings and springs are prohibited. Single rod axels are prohibited.
2. Only official Cub Scout Grand Prix Pinewood Derby wheels and axles are permitted.
3. The car shall be freewheeling with no starting device(s).
4. Only dry type lubricant is permitted. (i.e. graphite).
5. Wheels and axles may not be altered. Wheels and axles may be polished to remove imperfections. No changes to the size or shape of the wheels and axles are permitted.
6. The entire car must line up behind the starting post.
7. Weights must be fastened securely and paint shall be dry.
1. A Scout must be present for his car to be raced. Exceptions may be granted by the Race Director on a case-by-case basis.
2. Cars shall be inspected and weighed by race officials to ensure that all cars fulfill the race requirements. Once a car passes inspection, it will be impounded until its racing has been completed.
3. Only Racers and Officials are permitted inside the impound or track areas.
4. Races will be run by Rank – Tiger, Wolf, Bear, Webelos and AOL. Trophies shall be awarded for the three fastest cars in each Rank Group. Trophy winners will also race against each other for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place District Overall trophies.
5. Protests and problems should be brought to the attention of the Race Director immediately. No protests will be allowed after the start of the next race.
6. The Race Director, at her/his sole discretion, may take any actions they deem necessary for fairness, safety and good sportsmanship. All decisions of the Race Director shall be final. The Council will not mediate protest.
Pack News >