First Landing State Park-Beach/Campground:
Clean the bay day is a core Scouting event. We talk about "leave no trace" and being good to the environment a great deal. Nothing will drive that home more than supporting this great cause. Unless you have a commitment between 9-12am, this is something that the boys would have a great time doing and help continue to mold them into great Scouts.
Please let your Den Leader know if you are able to support this great cause.
Download the Parental Permission form and bring it with you the day of the event.
Thank you for volunteering for Clean the Bay Day on Saturday, June 7th (9 am ‑ 12 noon).
· Your assignment zone is: First Landing State Park, shore drive entrance
· Your Zone Captain (in uniform or wearing a Zone Captain T-shirt or hat): Park Ranger
· Directions: First Landing State Park is located on 2500 Shore Drive. If you need directions from your house to this location go to http://mappoint.msn.com or www.mapquest.com and put in your home address and the above address as your destination. (zip code is 23451)
· Please arrive at least 15 minutes before 9 am to sign‑in, get materials, and instructions.
· You might want to bring work gloves, hat, water, bug spray or sunscreen with you. Please wear loose, light colored clothing and wear hard-sole, closed-toe shoes (flip-flops & sandals are not appropriate at any of our sites for this cleanup). Dress in clothes and shoes that you do not mind getting wet or dirty.
· Dress for the weather. Remember this is a Rain or Shine event!
· Don't forget that anyone under 18 will need a signed Parental Permission form (attached) turned in to the Zone Captain, when you sign in, if their parent will not be at the same site with them during the cleanup. See attached document.
· We are having a ‘Volunteer Appreciation Picnic’ at Great Neck Park after the cleanup. Food, fun, prizes and live entertainment. Come and enjoy 1 PM – 3 PM or until the food runs out!
PACK POC: Katie Warner